Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Grandpa Joe? Is it so?

Joepa- the grandpa of college football is retiring after this year. At least that's what the tea leaves are telling the nations' talking heads. Sporting News compiles a short list with some brief talking points detailing some of the contenders. Some I like and some I don't.

Grobe won't leave Wake. Bielema won't leave Wisconsin. But Schiano is likely to leap or Tim Murphy from Harvard. Why do I like Murphy? Why not? He's been at Harvard since 1994 and even recruited me to play for him there- so there's my bias. It's on the table. Admittedly, I haven't watched too much Harvard or paid them much mind over the past 14 years since he's been there but he's sent a good number of guys to the NFL from there believe it or not and his product has been very competitive. Obviously, he's selling recruits a quality product there, despite the fact that the recruits have to pay for school themselves (same goes for Patriot League)- unless they're a hardship or can get academic funds.

No comments: